STEM @ OU
Dr. Lea Alford, Assistant Professor of Biology
Dr. Morgan Vaughn, Assistant Professor of Chemistry
Current students: Glenda English and Josh Amritt
Studying science, technology, engineering and mathematics at a liberal arts institution provides a unique opportunity for students to gain academic expertise, research experience, and the dynamic skills needed to make them leaders in the workplace. Learn about Oglethorpe’s innovative approach to teaching in STEM fields and how students take advantage of our state-of-the-art facilities in the brand new Cousins Center for Science and Innovation.
- Explore STEM academic programs: Biology, Chemistry, Physics-Engineering, Mathematics, Pre-Med Track
- See photos from the PRISM 2019 – Presentations of Research in Science and Mathematics
- Learn more about STEM & the Liberal Arts
- Recent stories:
- Custom Kits Bring Physics Experiments Home During the Pandemic
- Chemistry Major’s Internship Research Informs CDC Call Center Protocol
- What a Worm is Worth. This innovative undergraduate research led by Dr. Schmeichel benefits, Oglethorpe, Emory, and Alzheimer’s Disease.