We Can’t Wait to Meet you!
Each Scholarship Weekend registrant will participate in a personal interview with a member of the Oglethorpe alumni or an Oglethorpe staff member! Interviews are required in order to be considered for a full-tuition scholarship.
Timeline & Overview:
- Receive a Message: You should receive an initial communication from your alumni interviewer the week of January 25. Please check your email for a message with a subject line “Your Oglethorpe JEO Interview!” Sometimes messages can go to spam, junk, promotions, etc. Be sure to check those inboxes! If you do not receive a message by 5:00 pm on January 29, please contact Katie Brewster at KBrewster1@ogelthorpe.edu and she will assist you.
- Schedule the Interview: Your alumni interviewer will present you with at least three available dates and timeslots. Please check your schedule and confirm your desired time as soon as possible with your interviewer. Make sure to then add the interview to your calendar or phone! Interviews will take place between January 28 and February 11.
- Complete the Interview: Your interview will last about 30 minutes and will take places via phone or zoom. Please plan to find a quiet spot and to get settled a few minutes in advance. Many of our alumni are interviewing multiple students back-to-back, so it’s very important the call starts on time!
- That’s it! After you’ve completed the interview, no further action is required on your part. You are welcome and encouraged to send your alumni interviewer a follow-up email thanking them for their time. 🙂
- Don’t stress! Seriously. Every year applicants tell us they were SO nervous before their interview. After the interview? We hear it was their favorite part of the process! The interview will just be a conversation and our alumni are so excited to get to know you. This is also your opportunity to learn more about OU and ask questions from members of the Oglethorpe community.
- Have a question or two prepared. It’s good practice in every interview to have questions ready. Feel free to ask our alumni about how Oglethorpe shaped their career path or why they love the Stormy Petrel community.
- Brag about yourself! Your interviewer will want to hear about your interests, your academic plans, and cool stuff you’ve been a part of at school and in your community. If you have specific goals, big dreams, and certain accomplishments you’re super proud of, make sure to mention them!