How To Prepare
You’ve registered for Scholarship Weekend. Now what?
Not registered yet? See details.
The information below is for the JEO competition on February 13.
- January 15: Look for your Seminar Preference Form in your email. You’ll receive an email asking you to rank your preferences. Also, Join the BAND! You’ll be emailed details on how to join this messaging app so you can meet other students attending Scholarship Weekend!
- January 18: Browse the schedule and individual session pages on this website! Check out tons of OU content, tips from staff and alumni interviewers, and learn what to expect on the day of the event.
- January 29: This is the deadline to submit your Seminar Selection Form! Review your seminar options here. If you don’t complete the form by the deadline you’ll be randomly assigned to a seminar.
- January 28-February 11: Schedule your alumni interview! More info here.
- February 5: Look for an email from us with Final Event Details and your seminar placement! Once you receive your seminar placement, follow the directions to review any suggested readings or material before the day of the event. The pre-review material will help you prepare for your seminar.
The Day Before:
- Check your connection! Make sure you have the device you want to use charged and ready to go – we recommend a computer or large tablet. Make sure your internet connection is viable.
- Find a quiet spot. As you know by now, it’s important to have a quiet spot to use for zoom throughout the day.
- Review your material. Take once last glance at the material for your seminar. Remember – no need to memorize or be an expert! You’ll just want to be familiar enough to engage in discussion.
- Check the schedule. Take a minute to review the schedule for the day and figure out which breakout sessions you would like to attend.
The Day of the Event:
- Take a deep breath! Don’t stress. Be yourself, use your voice, and enjoy yourself! If you have any questions or experience technical difficulties, make sure to context us.
- Need assistance? See our Help page to contact us by phone or text.