Theatre: Parent & Guest Schedule
9:00 – 9:15 a.m. | Welcome & Opening Remarks
Matt Huff, Associate Professor of Theatre, Theatre Program Coordinator (all guests)
9:15 – 10:15 a.m. | Welcome to Oglethorpe: Q & A with OU Senior Leadership
Learn what makes the OU community special from OU’s senior leadership team, and ask questions about the Oglethorpe community, admission process, academic programs, or other topics.
10:15 a.m. – 11:15 am | Program Highlights with Current Students
Learn more about the Theatre program at OU from Jonathon Nooner, Assistant Professor of Scenic Design & Technical Theatre, and students Chloe Campbell, Caroline Gammage, & Mia Taylor.
- Explore Oglethorpe’s Theatre major
- Watch OU Theatre videos on You Tube
- Story: Oglethorpe students participate in the Alliance Theatre’s ‘Shakespeare in Love’ on OU’s Conant stage.
- See past events held by theatre clubs and organizations including Mouthing Off Improv and Rehearsal Room C.
11:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. | Financing Your OU Education
Join Chris Summers, Director of Financial Aid, to learn the differences between institutional, state, and federal aid, as well as strategies for maximizing your financial resources to pay for college.
- See an overview of Scholarships & Aid opportunities
- Oglethorpe’s Flagship 50 Scholarship matches the in-state tuition of the flagship institution in your home state.
- Visit the Office of Financial Aid’s website for details about the aid process.
- OU’s new Financial Aid Video Portal houses hundreds of short, informative videos on a wide range of financial aid topics.
- Recent accolades:
12:30 – 1:30 p.m. | Drop-In Hours w/ Admission Staff
Have questions about the application/enrollment process or what comes next? Drop in anytime during this hour to chat with members of the OU Admission team.