Frequently Asked Questions
Here, you will find answers to some of the most common questions surrounding Scholarship Weekend.
- Should I attend more than one Scholarship Weekend?
- If you have been nominated for more than one scholarship, we encourage you to attend the weekend that corresponds with those opportunities. Otherwise, you may choose ONE JEO Scholarship Weekend to attend.
- Do my parents and/or guardians have to attend the event with me?
- While we have informational sessions and engaging activities for parents and guardians, you may come to these events alone if you choose.
- How many guests can I bring?
- A maximum of TWO guests per student are allowed. If you are in need of special accommodations, please contact our office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- What can we expect at Scholarship Weekend?
- Seminars, interviews, presentations, auditions, and so much more! You’ll gain a ton of beneficial information, meet friends, and have a lot of fun! For more detail, check the schedule ahead of time.
- Will there be a virtual option for this event?
- We highly encourage that you attend Scholarship Weekend in-person. We believe that visiting campus for this opportunity is an integral part in building your first connections on campus. This will be a chance for you to meet faculty, staff, alumni, and fellow incoming classmates. With this being said, your health and safety are top-priority. If you are feeling uneasy about attending in-person, we are happy to discuss other options with you. Email us at email@example.com for more information.
- If I attend Scholarship Weekend, do I have to commit to Oglethorpe?
- Scholarship Weekend is the perfect opportunity to decide if Oglethorpe is the best fit for you! You do not have to commit to attending the institution in order to attend Scholarship Weekend.