Theatre: Student Schedule
- 8:30 a.m. | Check-In, Lupton Auditorium
- 9:00 | Welcome & Opening Remarks, Lupton Auditorium
- 9:15 | Theatre Introductions Get to know OU Theatre faculty members and other student attendees; Location: Earl Dolive Theatre
- 9:30 | Seminar led by Bob Hornback; Location: Earl Dolive Theatre Experience a typical Oglethorpe class session and learn more about the OU Theatre program. To prepare for this seminar, please read this article: “The Father and the Bride in Shakespeare.” See more details and submission instructions for your short response essay here.
- 11:30 | Program Highlights
12:00 p.m. | Lunch Break, Lupton Auditorium
1:00 – 4:00 p.m. | Auditions, Workshops, & Stage Tours – Check Your Nametag for Your Group
Auditions: Candidates must prepare two contrasting Shakespearean monologues, one comedic and one dramatic, each no more than 90-120 seconds in length. Total audition time is not to exceed 4 minutes. Memorization is expected, and any props should be basic and required by the monologue (such as a piece of paper for a letter). Candidates will perform in the same “street clothes” worn for the seminar.
Workshop: No preparation needed.
4:00 – 5:00 p.m. | OU Uncensored: Meet Theatre Students, main stage Conant Theatre
What’s it really like to be in the OU Theatre program? Find out in this session led by students (no faculty will be present!). Led by current OU students.
5:00 p.m. | Reception, Cousins Center Atrium