Theatre: Student Schedule
- 8:30 – 9:00 a.m. | Check-In & Breakfast (TLCC Lower Level)
- 9:00 – 9:15 a.m. | Welcome & Opening Remarks from Provost, Dr. Kathryn McClymond
- 9:15 – 9:30 a.m. | Introductions Get to know OU Theatre faculty members and other student attendees (Earl Dolive Theatre)
- 9:30 – 11:30 a.m. | Seminar & Program Highlights Experience a typical Oglethorpe class session and learn more about the OU Theatre program from with Bob Hornback, Professor of English (Division Chair). To prepare for this seminar, please read this article: “The Father and the Bride in Shakespeare.” See more details and submission instructions for your short response essay here.
- 11:30 a.m. – 12:00 a.m. | Program Highlights
12:00 p.m. – 1:00 p.m. | Lunch Break
1:00 – 2:30 p.m. | Auditions (Group A) & Workshop (Group B) – Conant Theatre
2:30 – 4:00 p.m. | Auditions (Group B) & Workshop (Group A) – Conant Theatre
Auditions: Candidates must prepare two contrasting Shakespearean monologues, one comedic and one dramatic, each no more than 90-120 seconds in length. Total audition time is not to exceed 4 minutes. Memorization is expected, and any props should be basic and required by the monologue (such as a piece of paper for a letter). Candidates will perform in the same “street clothes” worn for the seminar. Auditions will take place in a group setting over zoom. Auditions to be judged by Matt Huff, Pamela Joyce and professional actor Tamil Periasamy.
Workshop: Acting workshop will be led by Kyle Brumley, actor, director, teaching artist, and OU alum. No preparation needed.
4:00 – 5:00 p.m. | OU Uncensored: Meet Theatre Students
What’s it really like to be in the OU Theatre program? Find out in this session led by students (no faculty will be present!).
Led by current OU students: Mia Taylor, Caroline Gammage, Jariyah Williams, Chloe Campbell, Caleb Smith, Wynne Kelly, Phoebe Rushan, Deia McCorkle, Marc Collins